Saturday 10 December 2005

"98.6" - Keith, 1967

"Hey 98.6, it's good to have you back again..."

I believe that today might be the first day, since I got home from Calgary, that my temperature has been normalish all day. I brought a bronchial infection home with me last weekend. I don't think I realized how awful I've been feeling this past week until today. I'm just so grateful that John was able to arrange to work from my house Thursday & Friday, so that he could come take care of me.

He's downstairs now, by the way, fixing us a "lovely" beef stew -- judging from the wonderful smells drifting up here!

Anyway, the reason for these ramblings, as I am propped up here in bed, is just to comment that we really don't properly appreciate our health until it faulters, do we? Thank God for modern antibiotics. Respiratory wimps like me wouldn't have survived to adulthood in "the olden days".

But now I'm on the mend. I've even cleaned myself up today...and I'll bet John especially appreciates the fresher smell and the shaved legs!!!

It's a good thing I'm feeling better, too, given that Christmas is coming...and, even more importantly, John and I have a very important date coming up in New Mexico in only a few weeks now! It can't come a moment too soon, either!

Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home