Tuesday 28 March 2006

"Goldfish Bowl" - Stereophonics, 1997

Last week, John and I stayed in a lovely country hotel near Yarm, in the Middlesbrough area. I ran two days of training courses for a company based there, and "Judges Hotel" was where they put me up Wednesday and Thursday nights...and being a newlywed, it wasn't hard to talk John into coming along with me! (We paid his expenses, of course.)

Here's the hotel...





Among the usual in-room amenities was one a bit more unusual -- a goldfish in a bowl on the desk. We were very amused to find the following message by the bowl...





And we were happy to oblige...




It was true that "Janet" enjoyed being talked to...and, like me, she also enjoyed her dinner!

(Click on any of the images for a full-sized version.)

Janet

4 Comments:

At 29 March, 2006 04:57 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

What a great, gleeful idea! I'd be thrilled to find a goldfish in my hotel room.

I've been contemplating a small aquarium in my home; how much work will it be, I wonder? Can I do it?

Yeahhhhhh!

 
At 29 March, 2006 16:23 , Blogger Wendy said...

I wonder if I went there if the fish in my room would be named Wendy?

It looks like a lovely place! I hope you enjoyed it.

 
At 29 March, 2006 20:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to return and bring with you a "John" fish to keep Janet company.

 
At 06 April, 2006 08:57 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

How wonderful! but Janis would forget to feed it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home