Monday, 5 June 2006

"Stylish" - Marlowe, 2006

One of the comments I have received on yesterday's Lord Celery item has led to today's post...I refer you to the comment from my friend Bronx Boy.

Oh yes, Bronx Boy, the Chrysler Building does indeed remain my favorite building in New York City. No doubt about it. One of my fondest memories of my 7+ years in Manhattan is the view I had of the Chrysler Building from my apartment. From this 1987 photo of me holding Mac, while out on our 32nd-floor balcony, you can see what a terrific view of the top of the Chrysler I had...



A lot of photographers used to go down to the end of my former block -- to the northeast corner of East 44th Street and 3rd Avenue -- because from there you can get one of the more complete views of the Chrysler Building. At least you could when I was living there.

But it was the view at twilight which was the best of all. When the top of the building was illuminated in front of the navy-blue Manhattan sky, it was undoubtedly one of the most beautiful man-made sites in the world.

I've found a nice photo, in the public domain, to illustrate what I mean...



Yes, Bronx Boy, the Chrysler Building will always be my favorite New York City icon. I didn't mention it yesterday simply because, unlike the Empire State Building (with its amazing observation platform), about as far into the Chrysler Building that John and I got this week back in 1996 was...



;)

Janet

3 Comments:

At 05 June, 2006 14:36 , Blogger Heather said...

Oooo I'm jealous! What a VIEW you had!

 
At 06 June, 2006 13:45 , Blogger Janet said...

Heather, it was truly amazing...the top of the Chrysler Building to my right (as I stood on the balcony), and the UN property and the East River to my left. And out the kitchen window, I could see the Queensboro Bridge and the East River. I have so many photos, taken through the years.

Janet

(lordcelery.blogspot.com)

 
At 14 August, 2009 07:16 , Blogger 小貓咪 said...

A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home