Monday 28 May 2007

"Back in the Saddle Again" - Gene Autry, 1939


Seems like I'm doing a lot of apologizing for my lack of posts these days...and I'm about to do it once again.

Over the course of the week in Calgary, the cold I caught just after I last posted here got worse and worse. I managed to struggle through my week's teaching and get back home to the UK, but by last Wednesday I was being diagnosed with bronchitis at my local GP's office. I really didn't feel very well at all until yesterday.

So I'm back...with lots of catching up to do.

I'll resume posting this coming week. And meanwhile, I'll start catching up with the musings of my own favorite bloggers!

And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!

Janet

PS I always think of my "Granddaddy" when I hear anything about Gene Autry. He used to tell us kids that he'd worked with Gene Autry back on the railroad in Oklahoma, when my father was young. Granddaddy couldn't stand Autry. He said he was one of the most arrogant "fellas" he'd ever met!

2 Comments:

At 29 May, 2007 13:49 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was becoming concerned. Glad you "are back in the saddle again". I always preferred Roy Rogers to Gene Autry.

 
At 29 May, 2007 13:58 , Blogger Janet said...

Thanks, BB! And congrats for calling the correct winner of "American Idol"! We thought of you when we watched the final show here on Saturday! Although I STILL favored Melinda, I was delighted for Jordin -- what a spirited, talented girl!

Janet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home