Tuesday 15 July 2008

"A Song for Richard and His Friends" - Chicago, 1972

Some time back, I was chatting with one of my co-workers here in Oxford. We were talking about British athletics. Richard told me that a lifelong friend of his is a triple-jumper, and that he (the friend) was hoping to make it to the Beijing Olympics this year as part of the British team.

Well, I've just seen on the BBC's website this morning that Richard's friend - Nathan Douglas - has indeed made the team, despite having some recent hamstring problems. That's really good news!

I've also found an interesting article about how Douglas' training has benefited from lottery funding.

It's going to be much more fun watching the British track & field team, knowing that there's a local guy - who's a friend-of-a-friend - on the team!

Oh...and for my American friends, of course I haven't abandoned support for the American team, either. Naturally, my special favorite is Tyson Homosexual.


Janet

1 Comments:

At 15 July, 2008 13:28 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Ha! Nice wrap up.

I'm not much of a sports fan unless I know someone that's actually playing...or unless I know someone that knows someone. It does make it more exciting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home