Thursday 2 October 2008

"Big Event" - Pat Travers, 1990

There was a big event at lunchtime today. I had the very first in-person meeting with a blogger friend!

Now I was supposed to meet Kathy - What Do I Know? - for lunch in Oxford quite some time ago. But something came up for me at the last minute, and I had to cancel. I was really disappointed...but hopefully there will be another chance.

But today, I had the chance to meet Kris - A Quick Succession of Busy Nothings - for lunch in Oxford! And she's as lovely in person as she appears on her blog!

Kris and her husband Miles moved from Utah to Oxfordshire last December. Miles had gotten his dream job with the Williams F1 team. Kris found Lord Celery linked on another American expat's blog, and left me a comment here even before they actually got to the UK. And I've been following her blog ever since. It's been so much fun to read about their experiences settling in here. It's a brave thing to d0 - I certainly know all about that - and they seem to be getting along very well.

Kris has had a job in Oxford for awhile now. Unlike Miles, though, hers hasn't been her dream job. But that has changed. She's going to be working for an interior design firm near London beginning next Monday. So that's why I wanted to try to meet her while we were both working in Oxford.

We had a really good time at lunch. Here's Kris, before we both headed back to our respective offices...


(Click on the photo for a full-sized image.)

Thanks, Kris, for taking the time today to be my first blogger-meeting! And a note to Kris' family - you can see how well she is doing!

Now I'm wondering which of my other blogger friends I'll get to meet next!

Janet

8 Comments:

At 02 October, 2008 22:28 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally sent you the email suggesting we get lunch some time before I saw this!!!

 
At 02 October, 2008 22:30 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was "NFAH" aka not from around here... not "nah"!

 
At 02 October, 2008 23:23 , Blogger Kris said...

Janet, what a nice blog post about me! It was so fantastic meeting you today! I can't stop telling Miles what a neat person you are and how much I enjoyed our lunch! I'll try to get a blog post done this weekend about it!

 
At 03 October, 2008 09:14 , Blogger essbdee said...

Seems there are a few of us relatively local-ish we should all have Sunday lunch at the Trout in Wolvercote one day

 
At 03 October, 2008 10:39 , Blogger Janet said...

Sarah, I really like that idea! I would like to meet as many of my blogger friends as possible.

NFAH, absolutely!!!!

Janet

 
At 03 October, 2008 12:32 , Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I'll meet you some day I hope! But not for a while,
But someday.
Jannie

 
At 03 October, 2008 17:04 , Blogger A Novelist said...

That is really nice. I have always wanted to meet my blogger friends... sadly that hasn't happened yet, but hopefully one day it will. :)

 
At 05 October, 2008 05:59 , Blogger Unknown said...

Janet, how fab' that two of my bloggy friends got to have lunch in my old home country! I think it's wonderful how we all get to make new friends via our blogs, and also how many of us are willing to meet in person at the frist opportunity.

If I make it home next summer to Bucks, I might have to meet up with you both.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home