Thursday 25 September 2008

"Show Your Teeth" - Audience of One, 2000

No, this isn't going to be another post about "Gimmee a Lee", cute as he is!

John found a very interesting article on the BBC's site yesterday about American versus British teeth. Take a look. It's often a hot topic of conversation around our house! (While obviously not artificially whitened, my own choppers went through years of being shoved around by braces.)

Have any Lord Celery readers ever tried to distinquish Americans from British adults only by looking at their teeth?

Janet

5 Comments:

At 25 September, 2008 15:15 , Blogger bronx boy said...

I sure have. While it is wrong to generalize, I have found Americans'teeth to be straighter and brighter. I, too, wore braces but not as a child - when I was 48!

 
At 25 September, 2008 22:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing something about the science, I am generally against tooth whitening since it weakens the enamel substantially. That said, I am constantly shocked at the level of brown-ness on British teeth. Not just slight yellowing, but brown-ness. I think this is one of those cases where the best answer is a happy medium between American obsession and British lack of attention to detail.

 
At 26 September, 2008 00:52 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that photo - how fun!

 
At 26 September, 2008 03:22 , Blogger Melissa said...

I love that picture of the zebra. I just found a new travel site I think you might like - baraaza.com.

Nicole

 
At 29 September, 2008 22:24 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

I have always thought that US of A woman have all got really good teeth. All perfectly straight and whiter than white. Have I been wrong? No!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home