Tuesday 30 September 2008

"Hurt My Feelings" - Clones, 2001

I didn't think I was going to be blogging today at all. What with all of the awful news from the world's financial markets, I just wasn't inspired to write anything on Lord Celery.

But...something that happened to me this afternoon at work has given me inspiration.

I was proofreading the text for one of our company's web-based courses. This one involves some very basic hydrocarbon chemistry. One of the topics discussed is pour point.

Now, a simple description of pour point, for people in the oil business, is often something like the following:

Pour point is 5 degrees F higher than the temperature at which the hydrocarbon liquid stops flowing if chilled.

But during my proofreading, I realized that I had made a one-key error on the keyboard - when typing the above statement -and had invented something called "pout point".

So what's pout point? Well, I figure it's that second just as feel your lower lip beginning to protrude (and maybe twitch a bit, too) when someone has done or said something to hurt your feelings.

I've been there before, too - lots of times!

Janet

5 Comments:

At 30 September, 2008 21:25 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, amusement aside (and quite amusing it was) we have to talk fluid mechanics some time...

 
At 01 October, 2008 08:02 , Blogger Janet said...

NFAH: OK - I THINK - although I fear you'll talk 'WAY over my head! Remember I have a social sciences degree...

Seriously, glad you were amused.

Janet

 
At 01 October, 2008 14:21 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Pretty much anytime I don't get what I want...or when I leave my coffee at home and don't realize it until I get to work.

 
At 01 October, 2008 14:49 , Blogger bronx boy said...

I got a chuckle out of your post!

 
At 03 December, 2018 09:27 , Blogger tech no logistic said...

My friend tell me about this blog. There is a lot of good information on this blog, I loved reading it and I think people will get a lot of support from this (AOL Tech Support Number) blog . I really like it’s features from this too. I hope you like this blog. I hope you got a lot of help from this blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home