Monday 16 March 2009

"That's Amore" - Dean Martin, 1953

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's Pyongyang???

Who would have thought that I would ever be Googling a combination of "Kim Jong-il" and "pizza"? But I just have, to find an article to link here, after hearing a short news item on the radio this morning.

And after doing a bit more research, it seems that the connection between the North Korean dictator and pizza isn't new, either. How could I have possibly missed this?

Somehow, though, I doubt that most hungry North Koreans will ever get the chance to choose between thick versus thin-crust...or select from a variety of toppings. That's the part of this story that isn't amusing at all.


Janet

2 Comments:

At 16 March, 2009 14:00 , Blogger Expat mum said...

Ah dictators - ordering pizza when the country is experiencing a huge famine!

 
At 17 March, 2009 16:03 , Blogger Keith said...

I had just learned about this myself. I wonder what sort of toppings he likes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home