Friday, 27 May 2011

"Bus Ride" - Marco Benevento, 2008

This morning, I had to take my beloved Audi S3 into the dealer for her annual MOT and whatever service she needs (she only has 23,600 miles on the "clock", despite being almost 8 years old now). As I really don't need a car today, I took the Stagecoach 59 bus back home from Oxford Audi rather than accepting a courtesy car for the day.

I have a great fondness for the 59 bus. When I first moved into the village in 2003, it was my method of getting to/from work in Oxford; I didn't have a full UK driving licence until mid-2004. It's not a quick way to get back and forth, but it's an interesting route. I learned a lot about the countryside and area villages through all those 59 rides.

So my ride this morning brought back a lot of memories. It's quite a feeling to be propelled through the narrow country roads in a bumpy metal tube on wheels! This morning's ride was especially exhilarating, as the driver was running late. As a result, the countryside just flew by the bus windows...




I was also reminded why England is referred to as the "green and pleasant land"...




But most of all, I enjoy weaving through the area's beautiful villages...




Janet

1 Comments:

At 30 May, 2011 02:18 , Blogger Martha said...

I love this. A little mini-vacation for me. I spent the day helping Alli move back from San Marcos, and the terrible drought here has the oak trees dropping their leaves in May. Terrible...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home