Friday 27 May 2011

"Bus Ride" - Marco Benevento, 2008

This morning, I had to take my beloved Audi S3 into the dealer for her annual MOT and whatever service she needs (she only has 23,600 miles on the "clock", despite being almost 8 years old now). As I really don't need a car today, I took the Stagecoach 59 bus back home from Oxford Audi rather than accepting a courtesy car for the day.

I have a great fondness for the 59 bus. When I first moved into the village in 2003, it was my method of getting to/from work in Oxford; I didn't have a full UK driving licence until mid-2004. It's not a quick way to get back and forth, but it's an interesting route. I learned a lot about the countryside and area villages through all those 59 rides.

So my ride this morning brought back a lot of memories. It's quite a feeling to be propelled through the narrow country roads in a bumpy metal tube on wheels! This morning's ride was especially exhilarating, as the driver was running late. As a result, the countryside just flew by the bus windows...




I was also reminded why England is referred to as the "green and pleasant land"...




But most of all, I enjoy weaving through the area's beautiful villages...




Janet

7 Comments:

At 30 May, 2011 02:18 , Blogger Martha said...

I love this. A little mini-vacation for me. I spent the day helping Alli move back from San Marcos, and the terrible drought here has the oak trees dropping their leaves in May. Terrible...

 
At 05 January, 2015 06:44 , Anonymous Plan Turkey Vacation said...

Sounds like a great ride, thanks for sharing your experience..with us.

 
At 28 February, 2017 23:39 , Blogger قمم التميز said...

شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مسابح بالخبر
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالخبر
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة عزل اسطح بالخبر
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخبر
شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام

 
At 21 January, 2020 10:22 , Blogger Sarah Jacb said...

This was a truly awesome challenge and ideally I can go to the following one. It was alot of fun and I truly had a ball..  Toronto Party Bus Rentals

 
At 25 January, 2020 11:10 , Blogger Alessa Hall said...

Regular visits listed here are the easiest method to appreciate your energy, which is why why I am going to the website everyday, searching for new, interesting info. Many, thank you  Toronto Party Bus

 
At 17 February, 2021 05:03 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now visit this site for gb whatsapp web

 
At 13 June, 2023 13:31 , Blogger Will adam said...

This blog is very interesting to read out where We got to know about
bus ride marco benevento and car limousine services and one of the best Hamptons Limousine at reasonable price.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home