Sunday 18 June 2006

"When I'm Sixty-Four" - Beatles, 1967

That's what Paul McCartney looked like when, as a girl in Salem, Illinois, I first fell in love with him. I still love him today...although, to be fair, I now realize that he's too full of himself to really be my type. ;)

Anyway, today is Paul's 64th birthday. He was born on the 18th of June 1942. (Can you believe that, after all these years, I can still remember all of the Beatles' birthdates? What a sad commentary on my life...!) And today, as Lord Celery's readers know, it's also Father's Day. I read somewhere that Paul originally completed "When I'm Sixty-Four" for his own father, on his 64th birthday back in the 60's.

So I think it's very cool that Paul's 64th birthday is also a Father's Day. Maybe that's a sign that the universe is in perfect alignment...or something really New-Agey like that.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads reading Lord Celery today...and Happy Birthday, Paul!


Janet

4 Comments:

At 18 June, 2006 18:41 , Blogger Wendy said...

Nice tribute! Love the photo...

 
At 18 June, 2006 19:38 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Yikes! Hard to believe he's that old already!

 
At 19 June, 2006 16:43 , Blogger Jodie said...

My favorite Beatle, nice post!

 
At 20 June, 2006 22:16 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Lord Celery's originator has one coming up real soon!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home