Tuesday 27 June 2006

"Whole Lotta Love" - Led Zeppelin, 1969

Sorry for being a bit quiet. I've been under-the-weather but am now starting to feel a little better. So I'll start catching up by relating a story from last week...for your possible entertainment!

Friday, John and I went to visit his mum -- my Mom-in-Law -- in Swindon. We had a great evening at a local golf club, having dinner and then participating (with her team) in a quiz night. Yes...we won!

It was, to me, a "very British" evening, and I loved it! Even the food served in the buffet was classicly British. My favorite was something I'd heard about but had never eaten before -- Toad in the Hole. It's essentially Yorkshire pudding with nice sausages in it. Ok, ok...I know...not the healthiest of dishes, but it was very very good.

But then I got to thinking.

Here I was in a golf club's dining room. I'm eating Toad in the Hole.

Shouldn't it have been called Toad in the Hole in One?

Janet

2 Comments:

At 28 June, 2006 19:01 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm really not clear on what Yorkshire pudding really is, but any dish with sausage is a friend of mine!

sounds like a fun evening!

 
At 29 June, 2006 22:27 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

I just love Toad in the Hole! mmmm.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home