Friday 14 July 2006

"My Heart Has Found a New Home" - Dean Martin, (year released ?)

After feeling a bit homesick this week, I thought I'd end the week on a brighter note. I have found a new home here in Britain, with John. And I just love it here!

Last weekend, John got the opportunity to go for a flight in a private plane over Oxfordshire. Here's the village we now call home, as seen from the air...with thanks to our friend Andre for his photo:


(Click on the image for a larger version.)

I am one lucky woman, don't you think?

Janet

5 Comments:

At 15 July, 2006 13:13 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

This is a very cool picture, you can see quite a bit if you enlarge it. It looks quaint; no big ugly shopping malls!

 
At 15 July, 2006 14:11 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly are and deservedly so!!

 
At 16 July, 2006 21:24 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Lovely! Wish I could visit. I've only been to England once, but hope to be back some day.

 
At 18 July, 2006 20:15 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

Great Picture. Well, where's yir wee hoose in the picture then?

 
At 20 July, 2006 10:39 , Blogger Janet said...

Gnightgirl -- That's right. We also have no bank or petrol station, either! ;-)

Bronx Boy -- Thanks so much. It's a far cry from East 44th Street in NYC or from west Houston, isn't it?

Heather -- I hope you can! We live in a lovely part of England...and it's not touristy here either, if you know what I mean. If I come to Winnipeg, you can come to North Oxfordshire!

Milky Bar Kid -- Our house is right on the edge of the village, in a converted farm building, and isn't in the photo. But we aren't far from the church.

Janet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home