Tuesday 4 July 2006

"(Hey Baby, It's the) Fourth of July" - Robert Earl Keen, 1997

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to my American readers!

Did I get to celebrate today? Nope...I spent a long day running a training course in London. But John's helping me celebrate tonight.

"Hotter Than July" -- wasn't that a Stevie Wonder album title? That's a good description of the weather in southeast England this week. We're under heat-wave warnings here until the weekend.

We're enjoying Germany v Italy on TV tonight...plus today is our 6th-month wedding anniversary as well.

Enjoy the American fireworks for me, too, please!

Janet

1 Comments:

At 05 July, 2006 05:26 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

The local fireworks are visible from my driveway; it's as if if the house were positioned for the show. We're completely perplexed, as it seems like we'd have to go straight, then turn left for miles and miles to view them...but there they are!

We had steak dinner cookout tonight, then settled on the concrete drive with beers to watch the show...the only people on the entire street. I'm convinced that none of my neighbors are aware of the treat. A nice evening. Come next year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home