Tuesday 30 January 2007

"Airport" - Motors, 1978



I found something funny today.

If, like me, your frustration level with modern-day airport security is growing and growing, then you might like what I discovered today. Somebody has come up with an Airport Security game!

Here's the game's description, as shown in a weekly travel e-mail I received this morning:

"You can take out your frustrations with sometimes-absurd security situations in a new online game called “Airport Security,” a tongue-in-cheek statement about our modern realities. Inspired by the near-insanity of the changing carry-on bans in August, the game lets you play screener, responding to an ever-changing list of banned items — from shoes and water bottles to pants, hummus, tubes of Preparation H and Sioux war bonnets. If you react too slowly, or make mistakes, the lines back up and you hear rude noises. The game has three levels of difficulty: “fickle,” “arbitrary” and “knee-jerk.”"

Give it a try at: http://www.addictinggames.com/airportsecurity.html

I've only tried it a couple of times and haven't scored very well. Maybe I need to wear my reading glasses to recognize what some of those items in the passengers' luggage!

Have fun!

Janet

2 Comments:

At 30 January, 2007 14:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When working I logged many (too many) air miles and always disliked the hassle of airport check-in. Not having to do it as frequently is one of the many nice things about being retired.

 
At 31 January, 2007 14:27 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

I found it VERY annoying flying to Africa without a water bottle in my bag. And in Frnakfurt, because my layover was more than eight hours, I had to check out - with ALL my luggage - and then check back in again when the ticket booth opened 2 hours before my flight. How very annoying.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home