Thursday 21 December 2006

"Village Green Preservation Society" - Kinks, 1968

"We are the Village Green Preservation Society
...God save little shops, china cups and virginity.
...Preserving the old ways from being abused.
Protecting the new ways for me and for you.
What more can we do.
God save the Village Green."

Thanks, Ray Davies, for that classic song! But as I listened to it back in 1968, when it was originally released, I had no idea that the lyrics would become so meaningful in my life!

As a follow-up to my entry yesterday about the fog in England, I submit the following photos...only a small assortment of many wonderful images that John captured yesterday in and around the house we're living in. We're in a lovely village in northern Oxfordshire. And as I mentioned yesterday, it looked especially beautiful yesterday in the frozen fog.

So here goes...and the first is of the converted farm building we live in. Our "cottage" is at the end of one of the buildings, in the left center of the photo (with the car parked out front). The other photos were taken in and around the village.


(Click on any of the images for a full-sized version.)





























If you look closely at that last one, you'll see John reflected in the gold Christmas ornament!

Hope you've enjoyed the little tour of our village!

Janet

2 Comments:

At 21 December, 2006 14:50 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the photos reminded me somewhat of the beautiful hoar frost scenes I saw when I lived in Alaska.

 
At 23 December, 2006 05:04 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Breathtaking! I love these photos, every single one of them!

Merry Christmas, Janet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home