Monday 11 December 2006

"Amazing" - George Michael, 2004


Last night was BBC's "Sports Personality of the Year" broadcast, on TV on BBC 1 and on radio on BBC Radio 5. The surprise winner was 25-year-old Zara Phillips, daughter of Princess Anne and Major Mark Phillips, for her equestrian talents...and her many awards in the sport. She took a full one-third of the public vote!

The coolest part was that her mother won the very same award back in 1971. According to the BBC, this is the first time that two members of the same family have each won this award.

But I'm a little peeved at the BBC today. They stole my idea!

You see, Zara Phillips was obviously very surprised to have won the award last night. It was an impressive list of fellow nominees. She clearly hadn't prepared an acceptance speech. And John and I chuckled when she repeated the word "amazing" at least 6 times during her thank-you speech.

So my brain had already come up with George Michael's "Amazing" as the title of today's Lord Celery item. I felt very proud of myself for thinking of that particular song. And it didn't consciously happen either. The song just start playing in my head at bedtime last night.

Lo and behold, this morning on BBC Radio 5, while describing last night's events, they played none other than George Michael's "Amazing" as their background music!

"Darn!", I thought. I wonder if anybody reading Lord Celery will believe that I thought of that myself!

Amazing....

Janet

4 Comments:

At 11 December, 2006 18:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing your love and knowledge of music, Bronxboy believes you!

 
At 13 December, 2006 12:47 , Blogger Janet said...

THANK YOU, Bronxboy!!!! ;-)

Janet

 
At 15 December, 2006 09:04 , Blogger The very nice man said...

Naaa!! You didn't think of that yourself, you just copied!!;-)

 
At 16 December, 2006 15:20 , Blogger K.D.Nawrotzki said...

Hi Janet!

Just returning the blog-visit you paid to me and Ralph (www.nawrotzkis.blogspot.com) some time ago (perhaps quite a long time ago? I've only just received notice that there were comments awaiting editing, and some went back months.) At any rate, I've had a little look around your site and enjoyed it very much. Oxford is where Ralph and I met and so we feel very connected to the city and its surrounds... I hope to be able to pop in here from time to time. Until then, just know that I believe that it was your idea first and that the BBC stole it!
Best wishes from Heidelberg, Germany,
Kristen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home