Thursday 16 November 2006

"East End Girl" - Cock Sparrer, 1997

Tonight's my last night as an East End girl, here in London. I head back home to John and the North Oxfordshire countryside after class tomorrow evening.

I watched "EastEnders" on BBC 1 tonight as I ate my room service dinner. Each eposide begins with a map of one of the the curvy parts of the River Thames, on the east side of London. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about...



Watching the intro, I suddenly realized that just to the right and down a bit from the "C" in BBC is exactly where I'm staying! How cool is that?

Here's Multimap image of the location of my hotel. Take a look for yourself...


(Click on the image of the map for a larger version.)

Oops...the red circle around my location didn't copy. Oh well...I'm just to the left (west) of the "Exhibition Centre", north of the Royal Victoria Dock. That's the waterway I was standing next to when I took the photo of the Millennium Dome and Canary Wharf two days ago.

It's been interesting staying here, but I miss my "husby" and wanna go home!

Goodnight from East London!

Janet

2 Comments:

At 16 November, 2006 23:01 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Cool! I LOVE London and have really pleasant memories of my short time there. I'd love to go back some time.

 
At 21 November, 2006 08:44 , Blogger Gattina said...

Funny, so you are part of the Eastenders ? Unfortunately I only watched it occasionally when I were in London, here in Waterloo I have not often the occasion. But I love it as it reminds me of my visits to London..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home