Wednesday 27 September 2006

"The Lucky One" - Alison Krauss & Union Station, 2001

Yes, folks, I was the lucky one.

I could have been in Row 20 on the Air Canada flight from Heathrow to Calgary yesterday. But I was in Row 22. Thank you, Lord!

Had I been in Row 20, I would have been right in the line-of-fire of the spew of projectile vomit coming from the boy in Row 21, just as we landed in Calgary. But being behind him, I was spared everything but the stench.

I hope the kid is all right. He looked ok as we "deplaned", although perhaps a little pale.

I thought I'd seen almost everything happen during a flight. But this was a new one.

Meanwhile, I'm safely in Calgary...and today I settled in and had a meeting this afternoon with the client for the course I'm running over the next few days. But I managed a few photos...


First, here's the view from my hotel room -- of Eau Claire Market:

(Click on this and the other photos for a full-sized image.)



I've always liked this bench, near the Eau Claire Market:




It definitely looks like "Fall" here in Calgary:




And last...a view from the +15 system, over Stephens Avenue:


I'll try to send a few more photos during the week.

Janet

7 Comments:

At 27 September, 2006 13:43 , Blogger Wendy said...

I love that tree! Can't wait until it looks like that here. Happy travels. I'm glad you were spared on the plane :)

 
At 27 September, 2006 15:50 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Ewww! Projectile vomiting!

Welcome to Canada!

 
At 28 September, 2006 04:48 , Blogger Janet said...

Wendy - The photo didn't do the tree justice. It's even more beautiful in person...and SO NICE to see this beautiful "fall color"!

Heather - Many thanks for the welcome! It's nice to be back in Canada again...for the first time this year, I just realized!

Janet

 
At 28 September, 2006 10:06 , Blogger The very nice man said...

Beautiful tree!!
Makes me glad to have the gift of sight!
Keep safe, my friend and keep taking pictures.
Erik

 
At 28 September, 2006 10:17 , Blogger City Slicker said...

Very funny indeed.
From a New Yorker in London I am all too familiar with the need for a good long-haul seat.
Like the blog.
Will check back!

 
At 02 October, 2006 03:07 , Blogger Vikki L. Jeanne Cleveland said...

I just now have some down time for blogging, so I am late in responding. I'm miserable enough on a plane ~ geeeezzzz, if anyone had barfied anywhere close to me, that would have finished me off for good. I admire your endurance, Janet! :)

 
At 02 October, 2006 20:39 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

What happend to the poor person in Row 20? That must have so bad. I have had drunks sitting beside me and that is bad enough especially when they want you to sing along with them! Say hallo to my friend there in Calgary, Alan Medlow at http://www.lasersource.ca/index.html .. Hope you manage to come see us in Aberdeen this fall.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home