Monday 11 September 2006

"Five Long Years" - Yardbirds, 1964

For me, it seems like five short years. But for those directly involved in the events of five years ago today, in Lower Manhattan and other parts of the US, I'm sure it does indeed feel like five long years.

I taught a class in London today. My students seemed especially sensitive regarding the date today, especially when they heard that I'd once lived in New York City. I thought they were especiallly kind.

It was a tough day for me today, but staying so busy certainly helped.

I'm sure we all remember where we were when we heard and saw the events of five years ago today...events which changed the way we will always think about our world.

God bless those who lost their lives on the 11th of September 2001, along with all those who love and miss them. And God bless all those who gave of themselves to help others. One of them was my friend (and Mac's Manhattan vet) Dr. Barbara Kalvig.

Janet

5 Comments:

At 12 September, 2006 00:28 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a way it is like 11/22/63. I remember exactly where I was on both days. I was in NYC on 9/10 left that morning and traveled to DC. I was in front of the Pentagon exactly 24 hours before the crash. We must never let our guard down.

 
At 12 September, 2006 11:51 , Blogger The very nice man said...

Evil must never triomph over good! God bless those who don't stop working for good!

 
At 13 September, 2006 05:12 , Blogger Barry said...

It doesn't seem like 5 years ago. It really didn't feel taht way yesterday (the 11th)

 
At 16 September, 2006 03:18 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet,

What a lovely post.

I still enjoy reading your page even though Blogger won't allow me to post comments. I can answer comments within my own page, but I can't comment on other blogs, unless I do it anonymously.

Hope all is well.

Raquel (aka A Novelist)
http://seattleite69.blogspot.com/

 
At 16 September, 2006 15:43 , Blogger Katy & Jeremy said...

Very lovely post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home