Wednesday 30 August 2006

"I Keep Forgettin' " - Michael McDonald, 1982

For the first time in a long time, I've been struck down with a horrendous sinus headache. Last night, I felt like I was within seconds of giving birth to some sort of alien creature out of the right corner of my forehead. I had a really rough night, but I feel better now.

John kept me regularly in hot-water bottles for my head (my ex's solution to sinus headaches...and one of the few "keepers" I learned from him). but it got so bad at one point last night that even pain medication did nothing at all.

So I stayed home today and have slept most of the day.

I'm feeling better this evening. The pain is still there but is down to a dull roar. I feel like I've been kicked in the right side of my head, and I have what looks a bit like a sunburn mark on that side of my forehead. But hopefully I'll get back to the office tomorrow.

I don't think I'll ever take a pain-free day for granted again. But then I suppose I've said that very same thing the dozen or so times, during my life, that I've been struck by pain just like this. Funny how we keep forgetting...

Janet

4 Comments:

At 30 August, 2006 19:19 , Blogger The very nice man said...

You poor lamb! That sounds nasty indeed and I pray you will not have this again soon!
Maybe it's all the jet-setting to foreign countries at high altitude?!?
Naaa! Probably just the English weather.
Be blessed, friend!!
Erik

 
At 30 August, 2006 20:11 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Yuck! I get the occasional sinus earache, that worsens if I lie down. I'm fortunate enough to have never experienced a migraine though.

 
At 31 August, 2006 01:42 , Blogger Vikki L. Jeanne Cleveland said...

As a sinus sufferer myself, I extend my sympathies to you, girlfriend. Feel better soon! Joey and the girls send kitty kisses to make Aunt Janet feel better. :)

 
At 31 August, 2006 15:25 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember to drink lots of water as it helps to drain sinuses. Coffee and other caffeinated beverages constrict sinus cavities and exacerbate the condition. Feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home