Monday 7 August 2006

"Waiting So Long" - Supertramp, 1982

John and I are big Formula 1 racing fans. We try to watch every race we can...although I have to admit that I've lost a little interest since our favorite driver, Juan Pablo Montoya, left F1 to drive for NASCAR in the States.

Yesterday was the Hungarian Grand Prix. We couldn't watch, as we were off to Swindon in the afternoon to see some members of John's family. We figured Michael Schumacher or Fernando Alonso would win anyway, and that it might be a fairly ordinary race.

But to our delight, we found out when we got home last night that the winner was none of than Britain's own Jenson Button! After 113 attempts (114 if you count the US Grand Prix in 2005, when the Honda team -- among others -- declined to race), Button has finally won his first Formula 1 race!

Congratulations, Jenson! It's a well-deserved victory for you!

Janet

1 Comments:

At 07 August, 2006 17:21 , Blogger Gattina said...

Hello there ! I don't know how I landed on your blog but the Formula 1 draw my attention. My husband never watches sports on TV but when there is a Formula 1 nobody is even allowed to sneeze. He hangs like hypnotized on the screen and I have to listen to his comments. So meanwhile I also know all the drivers ! Nice too that you are also from Europe. I have been in England a month ago in Eastbourne staying with friends. You can see that on my travel blog if you like. Would be nice to hear from you ... I am also a cancer !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home