Monday 31 July 2006

"The Last One To Leave Seattle" - Waylon Jennings, 2003


(Click on this...and each of the photos... to see a full-sized version.)

Well, we're back from Seattle! Sorry for not writing a Lord Celery item while there. After working a full day and then enjoying the evenings out with John, there just wasn't much free time.

What a fabulous city! It's nice to find a city so liveable. Now admittedly, we were there during terrific weather. But John and I both really enjoyed the scenery, pace of life, and friendliness of the people there.

Highlights? Well, undoubtedly my Dungeness crab dinner was my favorite meal...



Another favorite was our meal on the outdoor patio at Pasta Freska...especially the congenial owner/chef Mike Horri...who greeted us last Friday night with the question: "Are you ready for a beautiful dinner?"...



John had fun playing "tourist" during the daytime Tuesday through Friday. He thoroughly enjoyed the usual Seattle tourist attactions. But I think this was one of his favorite Seattle signs...



Personally, my own favorite sign was one of the neon signs in a window at Buca di Beppo Italian restaurant...



All in all, it was a really terrific week!

To see more of our photos, take a look at our Smugmug galleries. John's is much bigger, of course, since he had more free time than I did!

Seattle Smugmug Galleries:
John's: http://jmn.smugmug.com/gallery/1712073
Mine: http://jml.smugmug.com/gallery/1725103

As Frasier used to say, "Goodnight Seattle...we love you!"



Janet

5 Comments:

At 01 August, 2006 00:24 , Blogger Wendy said...

looks amazing! we're currently at the other end of the country - in Maine. not quite as spectacular, but fun! LOVE the anniversary bowling sign!

 
At 01 August, 2006 04:42 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Welcome back to blogland! Glad to hear you had so much fun. That crab looks amazing!

 
At 01 August, 2006 09:56 , Blogger The very nice man said...

Hi, Janet,
just spent the last 30 minutes looking at all the pictures!
I am most envious about your crab meal! I have never been to the States but when I do, boy am I going to enjoy the food!!!
Great to have you guys back safely.
I am off for 2 weeks on Monday exchanging the canvas of Buckingham for the delights of Copenhagen and Germany with my wife who incidentally is also called Janet! Will let you know how I get on via my blog!
Cheerio
Erik

 
At 01 August, 2006 18:19 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

The crab looks good too..the only crab I've ever eaten was served with a mallet to break the things open. How in the heck did you eat that thing on china?!! Hey, how do you like smug mug? never mind, I'm coming over in e-mail to talk about it.

 
At 02 August, 2006 20:48 , Blogger A Novelist said...

OMG - I am so homesick right now. Beautiful photos! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home