Thursday 20 July 2006

"Seattle Town" - Flatt and Scruggs, re-released 2004

I need to make this one quick this morning. There's been an unexpected change in my plans; one of our trainers in the States is in the hospital, so I've been asked to run courses next week in...

Seattle

(You can see the current view of Seattle from the Space Needle from the link I've embedded into this sentence. And it's a very cool, user-controllable webcam.)

And the great news is that thanks to air-miles, John's coming with me!

The nearest I've been to setting foot in Seattle was a plane change there years ago, when I was travelling from Houston to Anchorage, Alaska. John has never been to the Pacific Northwest at all.

So I'm wondering if any of my readers know anything about the Seattle area and can give us any recommendations. We're staying at a hotel right on Lake Union. I won't have free time, except evenings, but John can play tourist during the day while I'm training. Does anybody know any "musts" in terms of restaurants, attractions, etc.? They'd be very much appreciated!

And since the hotel has broadband, I hope to send one or two reports from Seattle via Lord Celery next week!

Thanks...

Janet

PS Forgot to mention that the A4260 is still blocked after last week's Harrier jet crash. I'm learning more about the back roads in the area...and learning to use my car's compass more, too!

8 Comments:

At 20 July, 2006 13:55 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

Have a very good trip John and Janet. I am sure you will take some nice photos when you are there and post them here on your Blog. I would love to visit Seattle. I wasn't too far away when I visited Vancouver (loved it there) 4 yrs ago but never did make it as they said the queues waiting to get in to the US of A were so long since 9/11 (well, actually, for us Brits its 11/9!)

 
At 20 July, 2006 15:40 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, no help here. Have been there many times on business but never enough time to look around. Coffee is great there!

 
At 20 July, 2006 21:43 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ivar's on the Waterfront, and you must have the white clam chowder.

 
At 20 July, 2006 21:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also ...
http://www.enjoyseattle.com/

notably, Pike Place Market, etc

 
At 20 July, 2006 22:38 , Blogger mitsugomi said...

I'm afraid I don't know Seattle well...but I did grow up on Flatt and Scruggs. :)

 
At 21 July, 2006 01:01 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Oooo Seattle's FUN! I was there with accidental poet once (my sister-in-law) and I would agree that Ivar's is worth it. They've got a great view to go with their great clam chowder. And Ye Olde Curiosity Shop is kinda fun.

 
At 24 July, 2006 12:51 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your back roads don't include the A40; I was tied up for an hour yesterday at Thornhill. Ugh!

Have fun in Seattle; I've never been either.

 
At 25 July, 2006 09:02 , Blogger The very nice man said...

Have a safe trip and hurry back, Janet!
God's blessings on you and John!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home