Saturday 5 August 2006

"Play Tag (in Church)" - Vasen, 2003

(OK...I realize that I haven't been tagged "in church", but that's the best song title I could some up with!)

I've just noticed that I've been tagged by BOTH A Novelist and by Monique on the very same day! Here's the task that they've both tagged me with:

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions. [Note: To me, that means that I need to post sentences 6, 7 & 8...which is what I'll do below.]

5. Don’t you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

6. Tag five people.

********************

"A classic example is the development of industrial melanism in British moths: darker moth individuals became relatively commoner than paler individuals as the environment became dirtier during the 19th century, bceause dark moths resting on a dark, dirty tree were more likely than contrasting pale moths to escape the attention of predators. Much as the Industrial Revolution changed the environment for moths, farming changed the environment for plants. A tilled, fertilized, watered, weeded garden provides growing conditions very different from those on a dry, unfertilized hillside."

-- Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel" (one of the birthday presents from my brother back in June)

********************

And I'm tagging...
1. "Blanche"
2. "GNightGirl"
3. "Milky Bar Kid"
4. Vikki
5. Heather

Let's see what books you five have nearby!

By the way, I would "tag" John, but he'd simply pick up that same book!

Janet

1 Comments:

At 06 August, 2006 05:07 , Blogger Vikki L. Jeanne Cleveland said...

Mission accomplished. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home