Tuesday 29 August 2006

"Forgetful Man" - Hank Wangford & The Lost Cowboys, 2003

Today's idea for Lord Celery once again came from BBC Radio Five Live's Breakfast Show.
According to one of Nicky and Shelagh's reports this morning, Mick Jagger has resorted to using some sort of Autocue device, during Rolling Stones tours, to help him remember song lyrics.

This news led Five Live listeners to suggest some new lyrics to old Stones' favorites, like:

"I can't get no....medication."

"...paint it beige..."

"Pleased to meet you...hope I remember your name."

And on and on and on....as you can imagine.

Apparently, as much as anything else, Jagger needs help remembering what city they are in at any point in time.

Although I'm not as old as Mick, I have to admit that sometimes -- given my own business travel schedule -- I can sympathize with that problem!

Janet

3 Comments:

At 30 August, 2006 00:16 , Blogger Vikki L. Jeanne Cleveland said...

How can it be that Mick and Barry are getting so old when we aren't???? :) Remember the good ol' days when I was a softball catcher? I can get down in a catcher's squat now, but it takes a dozen stevedores and a John Deere crane to get me up again. :)

 
At 30 August, 2006 04:51 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Okay, that last one made me burst out laughing! Good thing my kids are asleep or I would have had to explain why I'm sitting at the computer giggling to myself. :-)

I really don't get why they don't just retire. Must be an ego thing - they still need theirs stroked regularly by huge stadium crowds.

 
At 30 August, 2006 07:30 , Blogger Gattina said...

I have the same age as good old Mick and I remember well when the group first sang and everything since. But now I also think they should retire and only sing, because it looks just ridiculous the old pappas hopping on the stage ! I still love listening to them, but I would never go to a concert I prefer keeping them in mind when they were younger ! Getting older doesn't mean your mind, but the body yes !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home