Friday 3 November 2006

"Me and Mrs. Jones" - Billy Paul, 1972

Is there anybody named Jones reading this?

If so, are you headed for the convention in Cardiff today?

I'm on vacation this week and enjoying the luxury of watching "breakfast TV". My favorite is the BBC Breakfast program on BBC 1.

This morning, I heard about Jones Jones Jones. It's an attempt today, in Cardiff, to set a new Guinness World Record for the largest number of people with the same surname in the same venue. And all of the performers for the event will also be Joneses!

Did you know that Jones is the 2nd-most-popular suname in the UK and the 4th in the US?

So if you are a Jones and are headed for the event today, don't forget your passport...if you want to be counted for the record! Gotta keep up with those Joneses!

Janet

4 Comments:

At 03 November, 2006 12:02 , Blogger The very nice man said...

For anyone called Jones and currently on the way to Cardiff:
I think you should all change your names by Batch Deed Poll to Prats

 
At 03 November, 2006 14:18 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet,
I have finally found someone with the same last name as mine that is not a family member. She attends the same church as I do. Small world in comparison to the Jones'.

 
At 03 November, 2006 17:40 , Blogger Gattina said...

Lol, no, fortunately my name is not Jones but rather complicated and I could make a list of different ways my name was written or deformed sometimes very funny.

 
At 06 November, 2006 02:23 , Blogger Vikki L. Jeanne Cleveland said...

Ah, Cardiff! What's in a name? If you run into anyone named Mike Lee, he would know me as *Victoria.* :) And my apologies for not acknowledging your posts more often. I do read them. However, school has been killer busy and stressful, and last week I fell and hurt my bad leg even more. Didn't I used to bounce back much more quickly? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home