Sunday 10 December 2006

"Arrivederchi Roma" - Perry Como, 1958

Well, Very Nice Man, I am actually blogging from home...even though it relates to last week's trip to Italy. I'll start talking about life in the UK again this week.

The trip back to England Thursday night was fine...although by the time we got home from Heathrow and got to sleep, it was about 3am. I feel like I've spent the entire weekend recovering. At least last week's courses were the final days of teaching for me for 2006.

One final photo from the trip to Rome last week. I thought you might enjoy seeing the decoration that was on our afternoon coffee and tea tray at the hotel on Thursday. I'd never thought of using dry pasta as a decoration! SO Italian, huh?



And by the way, that apricot tart, on the right side of the photo, was absolutely delicious! I would have brought the rest of it home to John if I had thought it would survive the security screening.

OK...back to normal life-in-the-office now until we shut down for Christmas!

Janet

3 Comments:

At 11 December, 2006 14:38 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

I'll have to remember that centrepiece the next time I have company coming and am desparate for some decoration!

 
At 11 December, 2006 18:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you come for the lasagne we will have aapricot tart for dessert.

 
At 17 December, 2006 09:07 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks yum! I have to say, I think Italian food is far superior to French. Blasphemy, I know, but I've found it to be true.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home