Tuesday 28 November 2006

"Carte Blanche" - Daniel Palmqvist, 2006

When I began "Lord Celery" last year, I really didn't know too many people who were blogging. So I started using that little randomizing button that Blogger provided to surf around to other people's blogs, just out of curiosity. The very first one I came across that intrigued me was Wendy's "Finding Blanche". I still read it as often as I can...although I have to admit, Wendy, that I've been a little delinquent in the second half of this year.

With all of the things going on in the world over the past few days, you'd think I would have loads of ideas about what to write while I eat my lunch today. But I found myself just staring blankly at the screen, unable to even start drafting anything. Then I read Wendy's latest "Finding Blanche" posting and saw the artsy photo she added. And that did it.

As John and I have been organizing our individual life possessions into one household, we've run into the expected duplications. One of them is something I had made for myself, John, and our friend Claudia the Christmas after my beloved little Westie died. We now have two of them in our house, printed onto canvas and prepared for hanging on the wall. The image never ceases to make me smile. I'm not sure what we'll do with the second one -- maybe one upstairs and the other downstairs???

Perhaps you'll enjoy this digital version as well. It was the proof sent me by the photo processing company. (And if you have a lot of time on your hands, you can see more photos of Mac on his own website -- frozen in time.)

Thank you, Wendy, for inspiring me to post this today...


(Click on the image for a larger-sized version.)

Personally, I think Mac would have been very amused at being given a blue nose!

Janet

5 Comments:

At 28 November, 2006 14:29 , Blogger Wendy said...

That is so cute! I do like the blue nose version :)

 
At 29 November, 2006 14:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are interesting but I don't think they do Mac justice. We have two Westies that live down the street from us and seeing them always brings Mac and you to mind.

 
At 30 November, 2006 15:26 , Blogger Whippersnapper said...

What a cutie pie doggie! By the way, going back to your Thanksgiving post: I want your kitchen!!

 
At 01 December, 2006 15:42 , Blogger Monique said...

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 02 December, 2006 15:59 , Blogger Andrew said...

I'll second the comment about the kitchen. What a beautiful house you have.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home