Wednesday 20 December 2006

"Morning Fog" - Bill Anschell, 2006

"Frozen Fog" would be a more appropriate title, but I don't believe there's actually a song with that name.

This morning, as my friend Cindy and I drove from north Oxfordshire to the Oxford Park and Ride lot we use to commute into Oxford, we drove through thick, frozen fog. The temperature ranged from just below freezing down to about 29 deg F along the way, but luckily the road surface was ok to drive on.

I wish so much that I could have photographed the beauty of the morning. But it was just too dark for a decent photo. Had I managed, Lord Celery's readers would see the almost-spooky beauty of the weather we experienced.

The best I can do is post a photo I just shot from my Oxford office window. The view isn't very good, but at least you'll get an idea of the reduced visibility.


(Click on the image for a full-sized version.)

Also, this is a good opportunity to give Lord Celery's readers the links to a couple of very interesting local webcams.

The first is the Oxford webcam, located right in the city centre on top of Carfax Tower. It updates about every 5 minutes.

The second is the Banbury webcam. Banbury is a market town in north Oxfordshire, just a few miles north of where John and I live. This cam is particularly interesting, as (when it's working) it updates every second! You can see the traffic moving in the roundabout at the Banbury Cross, right in the middle of the town.

Time for another cup of tea. I'm still chilly, despite being in the office over an hour!

Janet

1 Comments:

At 20 December, 2006 13:51 , Blogger The very nice man said...

Fog, Ice, Frost . . but no snow! Welcome to British winter!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home