Saturday 23 December 2006

"Christmas Birds" - Francis Doughty, 2000

Yesterday morning, before going into my office in Oxford, I made a stop in Oxford's famous old Covered Market. I thought my blog readers might enjoy viewing some of the items available for sale in great abundance at Christmastime in England...some of which I had never seen on display before. Within the market, there are several butchers, fishmongers, bakeries, and fruit & vegetable sellers.

The more squeamish of you might want to avoid the following. Personally I love to walk through the market any time of year...but especially during what we Americans call "The Holidays".

Here's your tour...and, as usual, click on any of the images for a full-sized version.

















Merry Christmas Eve eve to all of you!

Janet

3 Comments:

At 23 December, 2006 22:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made me a bit hungry just looking at all the "goodies". The carp was reasonably priced as well.

 
At 23 December, 2006 23:51 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

More great pix; I'd frame and hang in my kitchen!

 
At 24 December, 2006 19:55 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

Great Photos Janet. Wish we had similar markets up with us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home