Wednesday 7 February 2007

"Everybody's Talkin' " - Nilsson, 1968


Completely by accident, I found a great blog called Overheard in New York. I'm going to add it to my links on the right side of my main Lord Celery page. It brings back memories of one of the best things about life in New York City...just walking around, with eyes and ears wide open.

I wish I'd thought of doing a blog like that when I was living in The City. But then, there was no such thing as "blogging" back then. Nor was there an "internet" for use by us mere mortals.

But wasn't there (isn't there?) a "New York Times" column which features heard-on-the-street quotes?

Janet

Listening to: "Life in Cartoon Motion" - Mika

3 Comments:

At 08 February, 2007 11:26 , Blogger Wendy said...

I read that blog! Isn't the world small?

Nilsson. Such memories. Thanks!

 
At 18 February, 2007 16:10 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I read that blog too; it's hilarious.

 
At 27 February, 2007 15:44 , Blogger Children with out voices said...

New York is a pretty amazing city, but like anywhere in the world you travel pros can cons to everything. But it sure is nice to look at the beautiful side of it more often.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home