Tuesday 6 February 2007

"(I Wanna) Be Like Mike" - Teknoe, 1991



I'm sure all of you get loads of junk e-mail in your computer inboxes. I'm continuously offered cheap loans (of substantial size, sometimes), prescription drugs, various types of cures for male ailments, and really splendid opportunities for the use of my personal bank account by Nigerians. Recently, I've noticed that I seem to have been targeted by those who think I need to invest in counterfeit timepieces.

I usually just delete these spam-mails as soon as I notice them. However, the subject of one this morning caught my eye...

"Mike Tyson wears Rolex You should TO!"

OK, first you have to ignore the incorrect English. But then I got to thinking, why in heaven's name would anybody want to emulate Mike Tyson, of all people!

I just don't get it. But then I guess I don't understand the target audience for the fake-watch sellers.

I'm also fairly confident that Mike Tyson has never been under consideration as an official Rolex spokesperson.

Janet

Listening to: "Best of..." compilations by Captain Sensible and Wreckless Eric...thanks to Gavin!

1 Comments:

At 06 February, 2007 15:15 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Yeah, they're dipping pretty low on the celebrity endorsement ladder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home