Tuesday 29 May 2007

"If I Fell" - Beatles, 1964

On the park & ride bus out of Oxford late this afternoon, I saw a women walking with a small girl. As our bus was temporarily stuck in traffic, I had the chance to observe them for a few minutes.

When I first saw them on the sidewalk, the little girl was happily skipping along. But she soon caught her little shoe on an uneven part of the sidewalk, and down she went. Hands and knees on the asphalt. She "tuned up to cry", as my mother used to say. Her mother bent down to comfort her.

But amazingly, within about a minute, the little one was back up on her feet again...not only walking with "mum", but starting to skip again!

I used to be that resilient. I used to be able to bounce back quickly after adversity. But over the years, somehow, the bumps and bruises of life seem to make it tougher to respond so quickly.

It was good for me to watch the scene today. I'm going to try to start skipping more often again. I'll let you know if I'm successful...

Janet

1 Comments:

At 30 May, 2007 21:04 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Skipping's good. It's the stress incontinence that gets ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home