Wednesday 11 July 2007

"Brand-New Life" - Young Marble Giants, 2007

Are any of you interested in a new life?

If so, perhaps the Scottish island of Fetlar, in the Shetlands, might be just what you're looking for.

Take a look at this article on the section of the BBC's website for their TV program "The One Show". It looks like it would be a wonderful opportunity for a family. However, perhaps the best candidates for the slower pace of life offered in Fetlar would be older adults; and, of course, that wouldn't help keep the local primary school open.

Meanwhile, I'm in London again for one night. But although I'll be teaching tomorrow in bustling Canary Wharf, tonight I'm staying in beautiful (and a bit quieter) Greenwich. Here's a photo taken from my hotel room window when I got in this afternoon.


(Click on the photo for a full-sized version.)


Janet

3 Comments:

At 12 July, 2007 09:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Would you know a good restaurant for lunch in Greenwich? I'm taking a group there in Sept. from the Am. Women's Club, and we'd like to stop for lunch.

Any ideas?

One day I'll have to meet up with you somewhere!

 
At 16 July, 2007 18:27 , Blogger Nancy said...

Looks like a quaint little area =)

 
At 20 July, 2007 20:47 , Blogger Wendy said...

looks very nice! Maybe we'll apply to be the one family. who knows? I've been thinking about getting away from it all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home