Monday 20 August 2007

"Africa" - Bakithi Kumalo, 2006

Hello Everybody!

Since Saturday morning the 11th, I have been in Cape Town, South Africa for my annual training trip there. Luckily for me, this year John was able to go with me! We had a terrific time, and neither of us really wanted to leave South Africa on Saturday night.

I'm very sorry to have not blogged from Cape Town, but my schedule was very busy...between working all day and trying to enjoy the free time with John after working hours.

The venue for the 5 days of courses was the Radisson SAS Waterfront Hotel, on Granger Bay (which is on the Atlantic coast), and we had a room there with a seaside view. I believe it is one of the most beautiful views from a room that I've ever experienced. The food in Cape Town is fantastic -- especially for seafood lovers like me. The people there are warm, friendly and very funny. The pace of life is nice and relaxed. And my students there? Unquestionably, the South African students are the most eager learners that I have the privilege to work with, anywhere in the world.

So today, John and I are resting up from the long flight back. We got home midday yesterday.

I'm going to try to get my photos posted on my Smugmug site within the next few days, and John will, too. And he took loads more photos than I did! When I/we do, I'll put a link here so that all of you can share the trip with us.

Meanwhile, as a little preview, here's the view of the Atlantic from our room at the Radisson Hotel, on Granger Bay.


(Click on the photo for a full-sized version.)

I've come to realize that Cape Town has become one of my favorite places in the world!

Janet

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 20 August, 2007 17:03 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Oooo... I wanna go there too!

 
At 20 August, 2007 21:12 , Blogger Gavin Lloyd Wilson said...

Wow! That is some view from your hotel room.

 
At 20 August, 2007 22:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the view justified the loooong trip to get there!

 
At 23 August, 2007 21:38 , Blogger Wendy said...

I've heard so much about Cape Town - I am dying to go! Are you going to post more pix?

 
At 24 August, 2007 15:07 , Blogger Janet said...

Thanks, everybody, for the comments.

Yes, Wendy -- John and I both have photos that we'll be putting online on Smugmug, and I'll post a link here when they are up. We're going to TRY to get that done during this weekend, as it's a 3-day weekend in the UK.

Janet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home