Friday 24 August 2007

"Bus Stop" - Hollies, 1966

In our local village, there has been a bus shelter for passengers on buses heading north for as long as I've lived here. But if you wanted to go south to Oxford, there was just an old bench to sit on while you waited. So you were just out of luck if the weather was bad. And it rains a lot here.

Well, recently the bench disappeared. I assume there's to be a new bus shelter built. But in the meantime, here's what has masqueraded as a bus stop if you wanted to take a southbound bus. I think the "England" flag is an especially luxurious touch...



(Click on the image for a full-sized version.)


Impressive, isn't it?

John took that photo on Wednesday. But this morning, as I walked through the village between home and the dentist's office, I noticed that the garden-chairs setup was gone. There's nothing at all there now. I hope that means the new passenger facility will soon be up and installed.

I'd be concerned that the homemade bus stop seating had been stolen except that it's located right across the road from the village's storefront police station!


Janet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home