Wednesday 29 August 2007

"Free Nelson Mandela" - The Special A.K.A., 1984

I wish I had been in London today. Nelson Mandela was there, as a new statue of him was unveiled in Parliament Square. Here's the BBC's coverage.

Mandela is a major hero of mine. I'm thrilled about the statue!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And while I'm on a South Africa theme, John has posted his photos from our Cape Town trip on Smugmug, and here's the link. I haven't had the chance to go through mine yet. But John's are better anyway; he took a more serious camera with him, and he also had time to play "tourist" that I didn't have. You'll enjoy them, so do take a look.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One more item -- although we're some time away from getting a Westie puppy, John and I have at least made a decision. If he's a "he", we've decided that his name is going to be Nelson.

That could be for Mandela or for the British Lord. It could be for one of the the musical trio -- Ricky, Bill and/or Willie. It could be for the Brazilian Formula 1 driver Piquet. Or I suppose it could be for Mr. Eddy, although I so dislike his old movies!

We haven't decided that part yet!

Janet

1 Comments:

At 31 August, 2007 14:00 , Blogger Wendy said...

Beautiful photos. I particularly love the sunsets... Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home