Sunday 14 October 2007

"Look Unto the East" - Johnny Cash, 2006

I'm feeling much more normal today, so I thought I'd post a few photos of Singapore for Lord Celery's readers.

First, here's a photo taken from my room at the Marriott...


(Click on any of the photos for full-sized versions.)
I'm on the 25th floor of the hotel, and my view is looking down Orchard Road.





In this telephoto view, perhaps you can see the Singapore harbor in the background. I don't think I've ever had a room high enough on this side of the Marriott to see the harbor from my room.





Here's the contrast available on Singapore television. During my breakfast, I could watch one of the US baseball playoffs live...





...or I could watch this program on one of the Malaysian channels!





Meanwhile, I got out and took a walk...and, of course, I did a little shopping. (After all, this is Singapore, where shopping seems to be the nation's favorite hobby.) This is a view along Orchard Road. It's so incredibly lush.




Here's a shot of a typically crowded Singapore sidewalk.





And finally, here's a shot of my hotel...with its distinctive pagoda-shaped tower.

More as the week progresses! Five days of training classes begin in the morning.


Janet

2 Comments:

At 16 October, 2007 11:44 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

These photos bring back good memories of my trips through Singapore. I always enjoyed staying there. Thanks Janet.

 
At 16 October, 2007 13:01 , Blogger Wendy said...

Great photos. I would love to go there! Glad you're more like yourself today! Happy training...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home