Wednesday 14 November 2007

"More" - Julie London, year unknown

Would you like to see some more photos from this week's trip to London? Here you go...and remember you can click on any of the photos to see a full-sized version.



This is the view to the west out of my room window at the Hilton Metropole. I looked on a map and saw that the body of water I'm seeing is called the Paddington Basin.



Zooming in on that view, you'll see London's Paddington train station in the middle of the image.




And here's the view from my room, looking due south.




From the other side of the hotel, in the elevator lobby, I took this photo to the west. This is the continuation of the Marylebone flyover, as it turns into the A40 heading west out of London (toward Oxford, by the way).



And again from the elevator lobby, here's the view to the east. that's Edgware Road (north of Marylebone Road) in the foreground.



From a men's clothing store on Edgware Road -- I think my ex-husband used to wear stuff like this in the late-70's! (And for those of you in the UK, I think that this is where they got the clothes for the TV show "Life on Mars"!!!) The clothes are very "Starsky and Hutch"!



More "70s" clothing from the display window of the same shop.



Treats in the windows of an Arabic bakery on Edgware Road.




And just look at these amazing Middle Eastern tea sets in the window of an Edgware Road shop!



"French" furniture in a shop on Edgware Road. (I hope I'm not offending any Lord Celery readers whose living rooms look like this!)

Last but not least, here's a rhinestone-covered Mini in one of the Christmas display windows of Selfridges. It's very cool!


Goodnight from London!


Janet

2 Comments:

At 15 November, 2007 13:03 , Blogger Gavin Lloyd Wilson said...

Janet, is that you reflected in the mirror at the back of the shop in the "French furniture" picture?

 
At 16 November, 2007 15:31 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's my stomping grounds when I come in to London--Edgware Road is right around the corner from my husband's office. I know those shops!

I drove in and parked there on Tuesday night. I bet we walked past each other!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home