Monday 29 October 2007

"Say You Will" - Wishbone Ash, 1991

Say you will....forgive me, please, for my long absence?

The latter part of my Singapore trip became more and more frantic as the week progressed. I picked up a virus from one of my students in the Thursday/Friday course and brought it back to the UK with me. So now I'm finally getting back on my feet again, after a week off work.

What's happened in the meantime which would have warranted comments here on Lord Celery?

What about Louis Hamilton. I really wish he could have won this year's F1 championship, but it wasn't meant to be. At least Alonso didn't either. What a big baby he has turned out to be.

And sadly, England lost the Rugby World Cup to South Africa...although the English team have nothing to be ashamed of given the way they played.

Continuing on a sports theme here -- although we have enjoyed getting to watch bits of the World Series games (in the middle of the night here in the UK), John and I were sad to see that the series ended so quickly with a sweep by the Red Sox last night. I'm sure the fans of the Rockies are gutted. I've been there.

What else? I got John a new iPod Nano while I was in Singapore, and I'm so impressed by its video quality! He's having a lot of fun downloading and watching all kinds of video podcasts. I'm delighted. It's a thank-you present for all his help, as my mentor and coach, getting me through the "Life in the UK" test.

And last night, one of the TV stations in Channel 4 group showed the final episode of "The Sopranos". It was on 'way past my bedtime, so John and I will be watching our recording of the program tonight. I'm dreading it a little. It'll be a little like losing track of friends. Friends with guns. though.

Finally -- and sadly the most important topic -- do any of you know anything about cervical disc hernias? Now we know that's what my poor John has been suffering with. No wonder he's had so much pain the past few months! He has finally gotten a diagnosis, though, and hopefully now we can get him some treatment ASAP. I just hope the non-invasive type treatment(s) will work, so that he doesn't have to go through any surgery.

I guess that's about it. I'll try to do better about my updates, now that I'm feeling better as well. And I need to catch up reading my favorite blogs.

Janet

2 Comments:

At 30 October, 2007 13:04 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto your comments on the iPod nano. Got Silvia one for her b'day and she loves it. Downloaded 1500 songs so far. Glad you are feeling better and welcome back.

 
At 08 November, 2007 04:49 , Blogger Kris said...

My husband and I were so upset about Louis Hamilton's sad loss. My husband got a job with Williams Formula 1.... that's actually what's moving us out to England. It's his dream job and we can't believe that he's actually going to be working in Formula 1. It's not so popular over here in the states. When I tell people my husband got a job in Formula 1, they usually give me a blank stare. They don't know what they're missing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home