Tuesday 25 December 2007

"So Speaks the Queen Bee" - Smart Went Crazy, 1997

MERRY CHRISTMAS, everybody!

As I've learned since moving to England 5 years ago, the Queen's pre-recorded speech to the Commonweath countries is broadcast on TV on Christmas afternoon at 3pm UK time. It's become a new Christmas tradition for me to watch.

But starting this year, you don't have to be in the UK or another Commonwealth country to watch her speech. There is now a section of YouTube called "The Royal Channel", and you can see the Queen's speech there. If you're interested, you'll also find other videos there as well.

I'm impressed that the Queen is keeping up with the times!

John and I have had a terrific first-Christmas-in-our-home today, just the two of us. I hope everyone has enjoyed Christmas as much as we have!

Janet

3 Comments:

At 26 December, 2007 14:40 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Santa was good to you!

 
At 28 December, 2007 06:16 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching the original 1957 first televised speech and the Queen's update for 2007. I think it's great that YouTube can be used to share a little history and perspective. I'm glad they came up with The Royal Channel.

I was impressed how game she was in 1957 even though she seemed a bit nervous. She has a lovely smile right at the end as she looks off camera, as if to ask someone, "Did I do okay?" In the 2007 address, her 50 years of public speaking experience really shows in her complete command and self-assuredness. I hope I can seem half as confident when I'm her age.

 
At 04 January, 2008 17:36 , Blogger A Novelist said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and here is to 2008 being the best year yet! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home