Friday 4 January 2008

"Along Comes Mary" - Association, 1966


(Image courtesy of spineuniverse.com)


First off, HAPPY 2008 everybody!

This post will be purely about John. I'll catch up about our Christmas/New Year's later.

John's surgery yesterday afternoon, at the Manor Hospital in Headington (Oxford) to fix the herniated disc in his neck, appears to have been a success! He's recovering well and quickly, and they might even let him come back home tomorrow. So I'm hoping that tonight is the last night I have to come home without him.

Why the title to this piece? Because John's physical therapist is a feisty lady named Mary. She's terrific and was very encouraging to John this afternoon, in terms of his degree of neck and shoulder movement and lack of pain today. All signs are that the surgery will stop the awful pain he's been in since late in the summer.

And I want to give a BIG thank-you to John's mum Anne for all her help the past few days! I don't know how I would have managed without her!

More when I can...

Janet

1 Comments:

At 05 January, 2008 15:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news! Keep us posted.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home