Tuesday 29 July 2008

"Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" - Meat Loaf, 1977

My post today is thanks to my brother-in-law Paul, who introduced me to an online IT "newspaper" called The Register this past weekend. I highly recommend it and will be putting a link to it here on Lord Celery.

Well, one of their Sunday stories carries the amusing headline "Doctors: Third babies are the same as patio heaters".

To quote part of the story...

A pair of doctors have said that British parents should have fewer children, because kids cause carbon emissions and climate change. The two medics suggest that choosing to have a third child is the same as buying a patio heater or driving a gas-guzzling car, and that GPs should advise their patients against it.

So since John and I have no children at all, I guess that means we can safely buy two patio heaters?

Janet

4 Comments:

At 29 July, 2008 15:10 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Maybe it can be like carbon credits - I can buy one of your "child credits" so that I don't have to feel guilty for having a third kid!

 
At 29 July, 2008 17:36 , Blogger bronx boy said...

Well at least you won't have to change any diapers/nappies!

 
At 30 July, 2008 02:26 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess we are really in the doghouse as we drive two gas guzzlers and #3 arrives October 9 if not sooner!

 
At 31 July, 2008 12:37 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. This is hysterical. I wish they'd told me before we had Max. I feel like such a environmental hog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home