Tuesday 7 October 2008

"Having My Say" - Bold, 1988

I may not (yet) get to vote in Britain - Indefinite Leave to Remain only grants me UK residency, not voting rights - but I still have the right to vote for the President in my home country. After all, I'm still paying US taxes. Way too much in US taxes, in my opinion...but I'll spare my readers this morning, and I'll save that rant for another post.

Anyway, I was absolutely delighted to see the envelope below when I got home from work yesterday...


(Click on the image for a full-sized version.)

Now I'll just have to be careful to follow the instructions carefully, so that my vote will actually count! This is such an important election, you know.

Janet

Read about what I'm listening to at Auditory Cortex.

6 Comments:

At 07 October, 2008 16:39 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Following up from the deable in the last US Presidential election, you're probably aware that just up the road from you, in Birmingham, is St Chad's Cathedral - at - er - St Chad's Circus. You could always pop in an light a candle in hope....

http://www.stchadscathedral.org.uk/

;)

Noz

 
At 07 October, 2008 19:13 , Blogger Steve White said...

Vote early and often - Alaska needs its Governor back.

 
At 07 October, 2008 20:04 , Blogger Janet said...

Nozza & Steve, both of you have given me quite a chuckle this evening.

Steve, I LOVE your sentiment - will have to quote that one myself!

Janet

 
At 07 October, 2008 23:54 , Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Congrats!! That's really something.

Your vote may very well be the deciding factor in something very very important. The fate of the world in YOUR hands, Janet. But don't sweat it.
Jannie

 
At 08 October, 2008 01:39 , Blogger Jodie said...

I'm voting by mail here in Kansas. I love the ease of the mail in ballot. My 17 year old son & are going to work at a polling site. We are expecting a huge local turn-out.

 
At 08 October, 2008 18:06 , Blogger bronx boy said...

Janet, I have to agree with Steve's comments so vote early and often!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home