Tuesday 17 March 2009

"Celluloid Heroes" - Kinks, 1972

Tonight, here in the UK (because we're a bit behind the US), we will see the final episode of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" featuring Gil Grissom as a regular character. I'm really heartbroken.

Throughout my life, I have had favorite male TV heroes. To me, they were all very special men. I've been sitting here this evening, trying to compile a list. Here it is, although it probably isn't as complete as it would be if I'd spent more time on it...

Ben Cartwright - "Bonanza"
Dr. Leonard McCoy - "Star Trek"
Frank Furillo - "Hill Street Blues"
Dr. Donald Westphall - "St. Elsewhere"
Jean-Luc Picard - "Star Trek: The Next Generation"

And since the fall of 2000, Gil Grissom has been added to that distinguished list. Perhaps he even sits at the top.

I'm really gutted that William Petersen's character is leaving the series. The place just won't be the same without him.

Janet

1 Comments:

At 18 March, 2009 14:55 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still prefer Trevor Eve's character in Waking the Dead, have you seen it? If not, that might sate your need for a while... I'm sure the DVDs are relatively easy to come by!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home