Saturday 4 April 2009

"Get Back" - Beatles, 1969

I had a wonderful experience on Friday afternoon, UK time. I got a phone call from my friend Charlotte in Oklahoma. We don't talk very often - not often enough - and it's always a treat when we do.

Charlotte and I have known each other since we were young teenagers starting high school together in Salem, Illinois. Charlotte's father and my father both worked for divisions of the same company in Salem. But she and I didn't actually meet until high school, because Charlotte went to Salem's Catholic school until the 9th grade. Once we finally met, we became good friends immediately.

I always feel like a "kid" again when I speak to her, no matter how many years have passed. What a special feeling that is, too.

I'm very sorry about a few things. One is that Charlotte had the flu when John and I got married in 2006, so she couldn't come to New Mexico to the ceremony. And the other is that I've reneged on a plan she and I hatched many years ago...that we would live in the same town when we got "old". Moving over to the UK as I have makes that one a little hard, doesn't it...unless Charlotte is willing to pull up roots and come over here, too!

Char, I'm so grateful to have had you as a friend for so long! Here we were, the last time we saw each other, when John and I came through Oklahoma in 2002.


(Click on the image for a full-sized version.)

Janet

1 Comments:

At 06 April, 2009 17:19 , Blogger bronx boy said...

If you each had Skype you could chat more often and see each other at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home