Monday 19 September 2005

"Lovely Rita" - Beatles, 1967

This is a bit of a catch-up note. I've been teaching in London since returning from Scotland, and my best-laid plans to post some Scotland photos and to write at length about the wonderful B&B we stayed in while in the Inverness area haven't materialized. I just haven't managed so far, but I promise I will when my work schedule slows down a little.

Since I'm feeling a bit guilty, though, at least I'm posting something tonight.

I'm already worried that "Rita" might not be so lovely. I just heard this afternoon, from someone in the Houston area, that now-Tropical Storm Rita might be headed straight for the Galveston/Houston area once she's crossed the Florida Keys. I suggest that those interested can follow Rita's progress on the US National Weather Service's National Hurricane Center website. It's a very useful information source. Is it possible that the very areas providing so much aid and assistance to the exiled South Louisiana and Mississippi Gulf Coast residents might be next to be hit? Or could the fates be about to deal New Orleans a second blow? It's hard to imagine...but we'll see over the course of the week.

Meanwhile, there's better news from North Korea...although I have to admit that I don't completely trust them. Perhaps I'm just becoming more cynical in my old age.

On a brighter note, I've just seen on the BBC's website that 30 years ago tonight, the very first episode of "Fawlty Towers" was aired on television. It's pure comic genius. I'll never believe that there were only 12 episodes! What a fantastic anniversary this is!


Janet

Listening To: "40 Days", the Wailin' Jennys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home