Saturday 1 September 2007

"Gimme Shelter" - Stones, 1969

Remember my previous posting about the southbound bus stop in the middle of our village? I wrote about it back on the 24th of August -- the link is here.

Both John and my friend Cindy got me all excited yesterday, telling me that our village finally had a new bus shelter! But when I asked for details, neither of them would tell me anything...saying that I'd just have to see it for myself.

Well, I did this morning. Here it is...and no wonder they wanted me to see this very special piece of engineering for myself!


Here's the new "waiting area" for the Oxford-bound bus.
(Click on this, or any of the images, for a full-sized version.)




This new shelter has everything anybody could possibly need as they wait for the bus!





The west-facing chair is for smokers...





...while the adjoining chair, facing east, is for the non-smokers.





A sign, decorated with an "England" flag, will help ensure that passengers won't board a bus going the wrong direction.




And finally, I think the hanging plant is the perfect final touch!

Ahhhh...English village life!


Janet

5 Comments:

At 04 September, 2007 17:05 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

Why do I have a sneaky feeling that John and your friend Cindy had something to do with it. lol. I think it’s so funny. Is there a LITTLE BRITAIN admirer out there who will own up to this prank? I bet the council are a little embarrassed about this by now.

 
At 04 September, 2007 20:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cup runneth over!

 
At 15 September, 2007 10:46 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I love is that it's so green, which plants suspicion firmly on George Monbiot.

 
At 16 September, 2007 03:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...the English sense of humour. I can't wait to show my husband.

 
At 17 September, 2007 19:00 , Blogger Wendy said...

This is priceless!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home