Sunday 12 October 2008

"Bridge Over Troubled Waters" - Simon and Garfunkel, 1970

I'm writing from Greenwich tonight - the Greenwich that's part of London, not the one in Connecticut or the "village" in NYC. I'm running a one-day training course in Canary Wharf tomorrow, so this is a very short trip.

I got in early enough this afternoon to take a few photos in/around Greenwich, but I just don't have time this evening to post them all. I promise to do that during the week.

However, I did want to post one photo tonight.

As there was a disruption on the Docklands Light Railway today, I took a taxi down here to Greenwich from the train station. It was a fabulous day - a perfect day to take a driving tour through London!

The icing on the cake was that my cab driver took me across Tower Bridge. I don't get to do that often. And given the state of the world's economies right now, I think the title song is probably more appropriate than any of us would care to admit!

Here's a shot I took - using my "mobile" - out the back window of the cab as we crossed the Thames. It's a slightly different angle on Tower Bridge, isn't it?

(Click on the image for a full-sized version.)


More in a few days!

Janet

5 Comments:

At 13 October, 2008 19:02 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

Nice shot... looks like a very wide angle lens too. Have a good day tomorrow.

 
At 14 October, 2008 00:58 , Blogger Unknown said...

Argh home :-)

Enjoy Greenwich, it's a lovely area of London.

 
At 14 October, 2008 01:05 , Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I freaking love London, only been there about 8 hours total in my life but took one of those red bus tours and had such a magical day.

And is the Thames water troubled tonight?

 
At 14 October, 2008 10:25 , Blogger Gavin Lloyd Wilson said...

If you get the chance it's worth going up inside Tower Bridge. You get a fantastic view of London from the twin walkways up at the top.

 
At 15 October, 2008 15:26 , Blogger Expat mum said...

Look at that cloudless blue sky!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home